Recommended Holiday Reads


Months ago, I read a ton of good reviews about  a couple of books that everyone was recommending around the internet (or at least on the blogs I read). The list looked so interesting that I just couldn't wait to get my hands on these books, most of which were about fashion. I finally got my hands on them but have only completed reading just one: The Alchemist (by Paulo Coelho).

And although the purpose of this post is not to review the books I am reading, I thought to share my thoughts on them here with anyone who has similar reading interests. Let's start with the list of my holiday reads:
  • Grace: A Memoir (by Grace Coddington)
  •  Style (by Lauren Conrad)
  •  The Great Gatsby (by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  •  The Alchemist (by Paulo Coelho).


As we know, fashion books, apart from being informative, can also be attractive enough to serve as decor. These all qualify. I got Grace Coddington's book because "Well, who wouldn't want to know more about the Grace Coddington!" She is such an icon in fashion and so worth learning from. If you want to work in fashion or aspire to become something in the fashion industry, I think you should get her book too.
Style by Lauren Conrad and the Great Gatsby were also highly recommended books that I basically got out of my own insistent curiosity.. haha. Flipping through the book though, I found that "Style"isn't exactly what I was expecting it to be; a novel. It is rather full of fashion and beauty tips and tricks that every girl should know. "Oh well, that's still a win for me since I get to learn what I do not know yet!" I plan to read 'The Great Gatsby' before the movie comes out.

As for Modelland by Tyra Banks, I got it a while back and added it to this list because it is indeed a fascinating read once you get into it. Think of this book as the fashion version of Harry Potter. If you love magical books like that, you'll certainly love this one too.
The Alchemist is the only book I have read so far among my newest additions and I am absolutely in love with it. It is an amazing, easy read which gives you very vital and helpful life lessons in story form. I highly recommend this book to everyone, young and old. Get it, get it get it! It is one of the best books ever written and now one of my new favorites.

So I hope you found this post helpful. Do try to read some of the books for yourself. And if you have already, let me know how you found them.

Merry Christmas and happy reading!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...